Now, don’t yell at me! I’m only remembering what the Baltimore Catechism taught me when I was 6 years old. I remember Sister Mary Claudia drilling us with the questions from the catechism. Now, this is not a direct quote. It is my memory.
Q. Why were you born?
A. I was born to know God, to love God, to serve God in this world and be with Him in the next one.
How can we come to know God?
1) Sit in the silence and love of the Lord.
3) Read Sacred Scripture.
How do we love God?
1) By living in His Divine Will.
2) Obey His Commandments.
3) In times of trouble, keep your eyes on God.
4) Attend Mass.
5) Make use of the sacraments, especially Reconciliation.
How do we serve God?
1) Love God above all else.
2) Love Yourself.
3) Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself.
4) Be willing to follow God where He leads you.
5) Abandon yourself to His Holy Will.
How can we be with Him in the next world, heaven?
See all of the above.
It all comes down to Love.