Do you feel the sadness around you? Do you sense the fear and anxiety in the air? Maybe you’re full of sadness, fear, and/or anxiety?
Life can be difficult these days. The news doesn’t help. I think almost everyone is feeling stressed and anxious now. Our safe world died with 9/11.
Then, I think of my dog, Pixie. She likes to sleep. I have noticed that when things are stressful for her she retreats to her couch, and she sleeps. Being a creature made by God, but lacking an immortal soul, Pixie can only do God’s Will. She was infused with the knowledge of what to do and how to live her life. When my daughter’s kitties make her life miserable, Pixie goes to sleep. That is how she retreats and survives.
Yes, it would be nice for us to sleep and be able to sleep whenever we feel threatened or anxious or sad or fearful or anxious, but we were given an immortal soul with the gift of free will. We can choose our behaviors. Of course our behaviors do have consequences both in our mortal world (which is always passing away,) and in the world to come.
We are all going to die someday. We don’t know how or when, but we will die. When we die, we will stand before the Throne of God and have to give an account of our lives, both the good and the bad.
God is a God of love and mercy, but He is also a God of justice. We will be held accountable, but a merciful and loving God, for what we did on earth. No one can escape this. After judgment, we will go to Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory. It is the hope that most of us will find our selves in Purgatory. Only those who are perfect can go to Heaven. Those who are unrepentant will go to Hell.
Things to remember: Fear, anxiety, and depression do not come from God. They come from satan. satan is very active in our world. Some cases of anxiety, fear, and depression need medical treatment, and if you are in that group, I urge you to seek or continue treatment.
However, for milder cases, what can you do?
1. Pray. It is through prayer that we connect with God. God is the only one who can give us the peace that no one else can give us. Begin to pray now. Reach out to God. Ask Him to help you.
2. Trust. No matter what is happening in the world, in your life, God is working there. He is infinitely greater than satan or his ugly minions. When these emotions begin to make your life miserable: Pray.
3. Know. God has your back. He is a God of miracles. He keeps the world spinning. He keeps the universe functioning. He can do anything. There are those who mock Him, but they need prayer.
Continue to pray.
4. Step Aside. Give God room to work. You can’t control the world. You can’t control most of what happens to you, but you can control your reaction to what happens. God has given you free will. Exercise that gift by letting God do what He needs to do.
5. Seek to do God’s Will. His Will will prevail in the days to come. Pray to stay within the gift of His Will. Many souls will be lost in the coming days. Pray that you are not one of them.
6. Praise God. Submit yourself to His Holy Will. Consecrate yourself to His Mother. She is the Mediatrix of all graces. She is the shortest and quickest way to Jesus. She will cover you with her mantle. One day, as prophesied in Revelations, she will crush the head of satan.
7. Pray and do penance for the conversion of all sinners, including ISIS. Unless and until they find conversion, satan will continue to be their leader. It’s difficult to do, but, through prayer, souls will be saved, and terror groups will be weakened.
Life still might feel overwhelming for you. That’s when turning to God will help you the most. Pray! Pray! Pray! Stay under Mama Mary’s mantle. Do not allow yourself to fall into despair or hatred. These are not the ways of God. He gave each of us a guardian angel. Pray to your angel for help. Look at steps 1-7. Rinse. Repeat.
The next best thing: Turn off the TV. Pray. Offer it up for the salvation of souls. Prayer is the way. God loves you.